Battle Arena Rules
Shadow Arena Rules
Unlimited Arena Rules
Hunting Arena
BA Ranking
BA Ranking List
Latest topics
» test request
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Rainbow Sorcer Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm

» PDA is back
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby DarkLove Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 am

» Lords Of Darkness ~¤The Era Of Destruction begins¤~
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Unees Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

» Royal Knights archtype by gunsmaker [intro][WIP]
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm

» test request ismenne 29/6/13 -- Results Up
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Jakester390 Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:47 pm

» Just got here but still real life goes first
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Rai-Jinn Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

» Infernities Reborn: Lightsworn Vengeance
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Unees Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am

» MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 am

» Big Mess, Big decision
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 am

» Daily Yugioh Related Quiz.
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby DoomTemplarKnight Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

» Slifer Attendance.
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:36 pm

» Hello There
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Icingsugar Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm

» PDA Main Shop [V2]
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am

» No more time
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 am

» i bad mouthed (69) a member in this academy, please ban meh :'(
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Emptyby gunsmaker Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Statistics
We have 883 registered users
The newest registered user is crash3011

Our users have posted a total of 8495 messages in 659 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Empty
PostSubject: MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”   MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 am

Screenshot:
MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID” Feathe11

Main Deck=40 cards:
Monsters=21
1 Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
1 Gorz, Emissary of Darkness
2 Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
3 Blackwing – Bora the Spear
3 Blackwing – Kalut the Moon Shadow
1 Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
2 Blackwing – Blizzard the Far North
2 Effect Veiler

Spells=11
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mind Control
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Book of Moon
1 Black Whirlwind

Traps=8
2 Mirror Force
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning
2 Breakthrough Skill

Extra Deck=15 cards:
1 Crimson Blader
1 Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Stardust Radiance Dragon
2 Blackwing Armor Master
1 Black Rose Dragon
2 Blackwing Armed Wing
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Vortex the Whirlwind
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Ice Beast Zerofyne

Side Deck=15 Cards:
2 Maxx “C”
2 Droll & Lock Bird
2 System Down
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Mistake
2 Forbidden Lance
2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
2 Overworked

Deck-splanation

“Feather Grid” is the first real Yu-Gi-Oh deck I ever created. Created from a skeleton battle-hardened after a year of trials and modifications, this deck has great sentimental value as well as competitive utility.

How It Works:

“Feather Grid” is a well-rounded Blackwing Stun/Control deck that relies on cards like Thunder King Rai-Oh, Effect Veiler, and traps to limit/control the opponent’s ability to use the field. Cards like Pot of Duality, Allure of Darkness, Black Whirlwind, and Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame help the deck maintain hand and field advantage. Cards like Blackwing – Vayu the Emblem of Honor and Blackwing – Blizzard the Far North allow for graveyard manipulation and make swarming an even greater possibility. Because of its “Honest”-esque ability, Blackwing – Kalut the Moon Shadow protects other Blackwings from destruction by battle. Kalut also serves as fodder for Blizzard the Far North and for level 5 Synchro Summons. There is also a Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning to capitalize on the chaos elements in the deck. Because “Feather Grid” requires prediction to function at its best, this deck tests the skills of the player that uses it. “Feather Grid” truly shines under pressure and operates at its best during long duels.

Main Deck Techs (Or cards meant to counter specific threats in the metagame):

2 Thunder King Rai-Oh–When Rai-Oh is on the field, cards cannot be added from the deck to the hand except by drawing. Mermails, Evilswarms, Dragon Rulers, and Spellbooks cannot sift through their respective decks for the cards they need. Rai-Oh can also tribute itself to negate the special summons of key cards like Master Hyperion, Cyber Dragon, Synchro monsters, and XYZ monsters. The presence of Thunder King Rai-Oh changes the tempo of the duel, forcing players on the wrong side of this card to either play around it or to devote precious resources to removing it from the field. In addition, Rai-Oh is a LIGHT monster with 1900 ATK. These characteristics make him both a perfect beatstick and necessary fodder for Chaos monsters like Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning.

2 Effect Veiler – A level 1 LIGHT tuner that can be sent from the hand to the graveyard during the opponent’s main phase to negate an opposing monster’s effect until the end phase. In addition to being Black Luster Soldier fodder once in the graveyard, an Effect Veiler in the hand catches opponents off-guard by making enemy effect monsters useless for a turn. It can also be used as synchro material in a pinch. A necessary tool for stopping cards like Number 11: Big Eye and Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack.

2 Breakthrough Skill – A trap card that negates the effects of an enemy monster for a turn. It can also remove itself from the graveyard to activate its effect during the owner’s turn, making it semi-immune to spell/trap removal and an out to the effects of Evilswarm Ophion and Battlin’ Boxer Lead Yoke.

2 Compulsory Evacuation Device – A trap card that returns a monster from the field to the hand (or Extra Deck). Works wonders against noncooperative Synchro monsters like Stardust Dragon and persistent XYZ monsters like Wind-Up Zenmaines and Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack.

1 Gorz, Emissary of Darkness – A DARK level 7 monster that summons itself from the hand when the owner takes damage from a card effect or a direct attack while (s)he controls no cards on the field. Once summoned, Gorz special summons a level 7 LIGHT token with ATK and DEF equal to the battle damage taken. A beast of a card that’s practically a double-monster response to OTKs (stopping them dead in their tracks). Gorz glues “Feather Grid” together.

Side Deck Techs:

2 Maxx “C” – Replaces Effect Veiler against special-summon-heavy decks like Karakuris and Six Samurais. It can also be used to supplement Effect Veiler in Dragon Ruler match-ups. Maxx “C” also enhances the draw power of “Feather Grid”.

2 Droll & Lock Bird – The lovechild of Thunder King Rai-Oh and Effect Veiler, this card stops further adding of cards from the deck to the hand when sent from the hand to the graveyard. Helps “Feather Grid” combat Prophecy and Dragon Rulers.

2 Light-Imprisoning Mirrors – Stops enemy LIGHT-based decks, like Bujins, Agents, and most importantly, the Herald of Perfection.

2 Mistake – A trap that will be released in the OCG that stops the adding of cards from the deck to the hand. Supplements Droll & Lock Bird and Thunder King Rai-Oh and best used against Prophecy and Dragon Rulers.

2 System Down – Banishes all Machine-type monsters on your opponent’s side of the field and in the his/her graveyard. The best defense against the Machina Gadget decks that would otherwise dance around “Feather Grid”.

2 Overworked – Destroys all monsters on the field with altered stats. Gives Madolches and Noble Knights a run for their money.

2 Forbidden Lance – Reduces a monster’s ATK by 800 points but makes it immune to other spell and trap cards. In addition to helping Shura the Blue Flame overcome otherwise impossible enemy monsters in the heat of battle, Forbidden Lance can be used to protect cards like Blackwing Armor Master from Dark Hole, Lightning Vortex, and Mirror Force. A good alternative to Mystical Space Typhoon in the Main Deck.
Back to top Go down

MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1