Battle Arena Rules
Shadow Arena Rules
Unlimited Arena Rules
Hunting Arena
BA Ranking
BA Ranking List
Latest topics
» test request
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Rainbow Sorcer Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm

» PDA is back
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby DarkLove Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 am

» Lords Of Darkness ~¤The Era Of Destruction begins¤~
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Unees Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

» Royal Knights archtype by gunsmaker [intro][WIP]
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm

» test request ismenne 29/6/13 -- Results Up
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Jakester390 Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:47 pm

» Just got here but still real life goes first
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Rai-Jinn Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

» Infernities Reborn: Lightsworn Vengeance
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Unees Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am

» MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 am

» Big Mess, Big decision
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 am

» Daily Yugioh Related Quiz.
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby DoomTemplarKnight Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

» Slifer Attendance.
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:36 pm

» Hello There
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Icingsugar Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm

» PDA Main Shop [V2]
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am

» No more time
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 am

» i bad mouthed (69) a member in this academy, please ban meh :'(
Statics Report [All Should Post] Emptyby gunsmaker Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Statistics
We have 883 registered users
The newest registered user is crash3011

Our users have posted a total of 8495 messages in 659 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

Statics Report [All Should Post]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RsS.YuGi

RsS.YuGi

Statics Report [All Should Post] Empty
PostSubject: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Statics Report

Hello PDA members;

It's been a while now since PDA has been up , we are in the top 10 ranked academies
although we aren't as active as the others .

The reason why I'm making this thread is to ask you somethings , I'd like all to be honest with their answers and be subjective , answer briefly for each question , but please obtain the rules (PDA members and staff can post here)

An Overlook At PDA

What do you think of PDA's theme and styling (gfxing , fonts , etc) ?
What do you think of PDA's events in general ?

Competition between members

Why aren't you doing BA's and SA's ?
Why do you think the BA's and SA's are inactive ?

Dueling Points

What do you think of the members shop and main shop ?
What would you wanna add to them?
What would you suggest more things to use DPs in ?

Teams And Wars
What do you think of it ?
Why aren't you making/joining a team ?

Last Thing

Do you like PDA in general?
What would you change in PDA ? and what suggestions you have for it?

Last edited by RsS.YuGi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://neweraduelacademy.forumotion.com
Xusha
Teacher

Xusha

Teacher

Statics Report [All Should Post] DOjC7S7Statics Report [All Should Post] 3mZwluP

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:13 pm

I love PDA. The people are nice, even if silly. I'm stuck on an iPod but I still wanted to say that I love you guys, and you're all an inspiration. I do think the arenas get less love because they have more restaints and regulations with what appears to be a minuscule reward as compensation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundhorizon.com/revive/revive.html
gunsmaker
War Manager

gunsmaker

War Manager

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:38 pm

An Overlook At PDA
6/10

its good, as good as other academies.

its hard to find opp accepting when i'm asking for BA and SA

i cant answer this

Dueling Points
4/10

many things

many things, the point is, make DP worthy to get

Teams And Wars
well, i cant answer this ,coz i'm one of the war manager, Razz
if you say if i were not a war manager, i will answer the system is unique, interesting or i should say worth to try, and i will make/join the team to be in the system.

i already joined on the team, so this question is invalid.

Last Thing
6/10

What would you change in PDA ?
i cant answer this,

and what suggestions you have for it?
the staffs must active first in order to get active members, and staffs needs more comunicate and more friendly to members (priority to new members)
and we should duplicate things or i should say "learn" things from the one of Successful academies, not copy paste event, RP, etc, but what we learn is how the things they do, etc.

Last edited by gunsmaker on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metagamereaper
Slifer Red

Metagamereaper

Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Well, I like PDA. It's not that large but that gives each of it's members more substance. Everyone here is weird in there own way and that's part of the Allure. You never know what you're gonna see when you hop online. xD Anything from A Raging Pony to a guy who has a passion for a chastising monkey or, the guy who never sleeps. Point being this place is sweet in the overall section the only problem I have is the restriction of decks. I believe, decks that go +26 or 27 in one turn should be banned. {Exodia} Granted it is but in this format we need to have more options. how about tweaking the BL?I see no reason Rekindling is SL and Number 11 Banned. {The ban list is gonnna limit it anyway let us enjoy it while we can} The BA/SA isn't loved as much for the reason state earlier by Xusha I believe.

As I said overall, this place is sweet. Very Happy

Rating 9/10

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxOZxX
Ra Yellow

XxOZxX

Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:22 am

An Overlook At PDA
not bad; PDA looks good .
good enough.

lack of the challenge aspect & nothing really important to do with DPs

Why do you think the BA's and SA's are inactive?
well lack of members = lack of the challenge & also our staff should encourage our members by doing some BA's/SA's vs other staff or members.

Dueling Points
normal as other academies

things that make DP really IMPORTANT .

as Guns said above , make DP worthy to get.

Teams And Wars
hmm rules & system is fine but its inactive ; i think members need some motivation for exapmle : staff start making teams & war to encourage the others.

i already joined a team.

Last Thing
yeah xD , we only need a solid staff to cover all the need.

What would you change in PDA ?
there's really nothing to change ; we need to add.

and what suggestions you have for it?
I agree with Guns on that "the staffs must be active first in order to get active members, and staffs needs to comunicate and be more friendly with members (priority to new members)
and we should duplicate things or i should say "learn" things from the one of Successful academies, not copy paste event, RP, etc, but what we learn is how the things they do, etc
"
& also i suggest to make creative events & i repeat that we need things that make DP really IMPORTANT .
I know its a lot to ask ; but that's what I think PDA need to become a better & active academy & Good luck to do all that xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:38 am

Part 1: An Overlook of PDA
I really like all of the improvements over the last few months (the sliders, the headings, the personalized profile viewer in the top right corner, and the colorized usernames). I also enjoy browsing the forum, which has far more categories now than it did when I first joined. It's really cool how we can now submit artwork and go off-topic when we want, when before the outlet wasn't really there.

That being said, the events are cool but we need more participants. The weekly Battle Royale is an awesome idea, and I think that could help attract attention in the coming months. Furthermore, I think we should take advantage of Metagamereaper's "Practice Duel" idea to fix the tremendous skill gap between the hobbyists and the competitors on this site. It would be cool to have teachers and Obelisks work with Slifer and Ra players (or anyone else who is interested) in Dueling/Deckbuilding Workshops. This would improve competition/camaraderie between members of different dorms and help those students test better. However, I think this service should only be available to people who have already been placed in a dorm.

I also think we should experiment with the color scheme for PDA. Black and White is nice, but maybe we can add some red, yellow, and blue to match the dorms available.

Part 2: Competition Between Members
I am doing BA's and SA's. I'm one of the few who doesn't care about winning or losing, just experience. I think for BA's, the experience reward should be the same regardless of victory or loss (because losses can actually yield more knowledge than some victories). Perhaps DPs should be rewarded for participation in BA's (regardless of result) to show that it is important to be active.

Part 3: Dueling Points
I am pleased with the shops available so far. They have come a long way since March. The Main Shop is fine the way it is; as for the Members' Shop, I think it can use some more items like the following:
1. Custom Slogan banners that go under the profile picture like the stamps
2. Ra and Slifer stamps that cost 500 DP or less
3. Millennium Items (like the Puzzle, the Rod, the Eye, etc.)

Furthermore, I think new members should start off with more DP (like 150 or 200) so they can participate in the Shadow Arenas and the Chaos Phantom dice roll.

Part 4: Teams and Wars
Unfortunately, I haven't participated in a war so I can't comment yet. However, I did join Lords of Darkness, which is a start.

Part 5: Final Thoughts
So far, I like PDA and have no real complaints. I think we should use the community of this place and the Dueling/Deckbuilding Workshops (if/when they exist) as selling points for this academy. I also think that we should find a way to war with rival academies.

RSS, Xusha, and Jakester have done amazing things with this site and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that they should be proud. They have created quite the digital community on PDA. If we continue working at this, who knows where we'll be next March? The sky's the limit!
Back to top Go down
Pyro
Obelisk Blue

Pyro

Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am

An Overlook At PDA

Its GFX and themes are fine but i did prefer female Razz
too many people are hating on tier 1 decks which causes arguments. people should just accept and move on, i know how annoying tier 1 decks are right now but if u cant beat em, join em.

Like i said, most people here don't "believe" or like tier 1 decks. and also from what i saw, i don't think most people here likes competitive dueling, so that explains the "i dont care about BA and its record" attitude.

Dueling Points

shops are fine....
add PDA jail! Razz

Teams And Wars
It is a pain to make a team and war because the war managers are too picky, just let us create a team damn it.
Like i said before, its a pain to create a team here (imo) so just keep the making team thing simple, let them create teams and war. its better than no team and no war, just coz the leader skipped or forgot to write unnecessary things like "no rules" or "no war record", doesn't mean he should be shot down and not let him make a team, so no need to get angry over it.
make is simple and less painful to make teams and it will be ok.

Last Thing

Its an alright academy which has mostly "fun duelists", although there are people who like to go competitive serious with tier 1 but they are just hated normally.
STOP hating on people using tier 1 deck. its annoying i know, but its equally annoying to face your "fun stall decks" too. War managers, be simple and let people create teams damn it
Back to top Go down
Meichan
Slifer Red

Meichan

Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

Im going to answer plain and simply to all of the questions.
I really like this place, I have never ever been in a duel academy before and when I got interested I thought that hey, I could really show my skills in here and maybe get into ra or obelisk. But then I look at the banlist and see how you have banned basically almost every single deck that is good. This is one of the reasons that tick me.
On the other hand it seems that majority of the people here hate competitive playing for some reason, well I do understand those people especially in this format where basically its all spellbooks and e-dragons. I would just ban ftk, burn and e-dragon decks (Those where its almost wholly e-dragons) and just use the current banlist. There are plenty of cards to counter, for example, garunix, or tiaramisu or, evilswarm ophion. Believe it or not there are good decks to counter E-dragons too, just saying. Each format have their own meta you just need to deal with it and counter it through the side deck.

Overall score I would give to PDA 7/10
Back to top Go down
RsS.YuGi

RsS.YuGi

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:33 am

All your feed backs are being taken in consideration

Xusha , Unlimited Arena has been constructed , and it's running smoothly so far.

gunsmaker , I agree about the staff should create teams and do more arenas, and that shall be done, in terms of DPs , you didn't really suggest anything more on it.

Meta , SA and BA will always have some restricts , also the banlist for them will be updated soon , as for the testing system , the banned things in it has been agreed by all teachers , since they see it's fitting and not making a fair competition at some level. the Unlimited Arena has been added , and I'd love to see your posts in it Razz.

Oz , staff will be doing these activity sure thing , also making DPs worthy having.. well you and guns didn't suggest things , so the things already exist in members shop and main shop , also a custom rank has been added and will be running soon..

Blitz , Millennium Items is a nice idea , and it'll be working with Jake's new idea.
the banner you speak about is something to be called custom rank ,which is added as I mentioned to oz , as for more DPs to start with , 100 is enough , since there are many other ways to gain DPs and in fast way too. As for Waring other academies , that'll have to wait a while , but the idea of it is accepted since long.

Pyro , you earned the cookies .. all of them lol . War Managers will be more accepting don't worry. And as for tires decks , I can't answer this for others.

I truelove thank all of you to the feedback , I want to hear more of you , this really helps PDA to become better .

Things In Processes Of Working On

- A new arena called "Hunting Arena (HU) " and it'll be finished soon.
- Achievements section .
- Tournaments/Events new ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm

Statics Report

An Overlook At PDA

What do you think of PDA's theme and styling (gfxing , fonts , etc) ? Sober but beautiful, it doesn't hurt eyes by high light or some things that we don't need, good point.
What do you think of PDA's events in general ? It's kinda repetitive, but it's the game ^^

Why aren't you doing BA's and SA's ? Shadow Arena is now useless with the appearition of Hunting Arena ^^
Why do you think the BA's and SA's are inactive ? Because asking to a battle arena is like to say "I NEEEEEED POIIINTS LET'S DUEL AND I'LL STEAL ALL OF YOUR POINTS Q_Q "

Dueling Points

What do you think of the members shop and main shop ? Members shop is useless for me, unless it's not cheapest, it's useless.
What would you wanna add to them? VIP Status , Possibility to Use RP cards in all duels during an ammount of time.
What would you suggest more things to use DPs in ? Nothing more :3

Teams And Wars
What do you think of it ? It's cool but inactive, hard to make teams because most of actives are in a team
Why aren't you making/joining a team ?I made one

Last Thing

Do you like PDA in general? Yep of course
What would you change in PDA ? and what suggestions you have for it? Nothing special except what i said above
Back to top Go down
Axophoria
Slifer Red

Axophoria

Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 am

I like the design, the colors being mostly dark and all. I also like the redesigning of all of the banners, you don't even know how much easier they've made it to find the Dorm Testing button. Although, I should mention that when I first login, the top of the webpage is kinda overwhelming to look at, with the chatbox, event box, and so on.

I don't really know how to explain it, the non-dueling events have become a bit redundant. The dice roll was cool when it first came around, changing the theme doesn't really make it much better, to me at least. And with the dueling events, they often take way too long to get started and even longer to complete.

Pretty much what gunsmaker said: No one really accepts my challenge when I request a BA.

Same as above, people never want to duel at the same time. Probably because they know that they're not going to get much out of it compared to something like a tourney.

What do you think of the members shop and main shop?

The deck shops are pretty cool, but that's all I really use xD

An actual dueling class, obviously YGOPro isn't the best medium for that, everything is fast paced on there. Maybe once a week, you can have two teachers go over a scenario on duelingnetwork and have students watch, since duelingnetwork allows that.

What would you suggest more things to use DPs in?

^ The aboved mentioned dueling classes.

Well, I joined a team and that's about it. As far as I know, nothing has happened.

I have.

I mean, yeah. My goal when I signed up was to learn the game. I've taken a few things from here, but honestly, not enough. Most of the things I know now, I've had to learn for myself. I don't think there is much I could learn now, but I would really like to see some active classes at a Duel Academy.

What would you change in PDA? and what suggestions you have for it?

Not going to be redundant xD
Back to top Go down
Tono1997a
Obelisk Blue

Tono1997a

Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

An Overlook At PDA 

I Think it looks nice.
There is always something to do.

I am not that of a Ba or Sa person because personally i prefer single duels instead of matches.
Probably people will not challenge other people.

Dueling Points

Its awesome there is variety of things you can buy at the right price.
Probably more profile enhancements.
Gambles would be a good idea.

Teams And Wars
I have not seen many teams on PDA honestly.
I am not a team person, i just like to duel for fun.

Last Thing

Yes, I think this is the main forum i am in right now. It just makes me feel welcomed when i log in.
What would you change in PDA ? and what suggestions you have for it?
Probably more attractions and Games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TonoForum.webs.com
cagethedarkmaster
Obelisk Blue

cagethedarkmaster

Obelisk Blue

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 am

Not exactly following the format, I'll give you my honest opinion on this site. The site itself has potential, it's members as well. This is a game, doesn't need to be a competition. Sadly, competition is the best way to breed high activity. It's cool to have a place to wind down though. I should be getting a bit more active here, maybe defend my obby position at some point, if your testers dare question my abilities Wink. At any rate, I'm glad some people have found a home here, and I look forward to seeing where your future lies. Not giving any suggestions, as it is a conflict of interest, but I will say, keep building. Activity is the foundation of this community you have built!
Back to top Go down
RsS.YuGi

RsS.YuGi

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:21 am

Hello all,
 I thank all your honest opinions, they all respected and appreciated.
I promise you all to do my best in this, and try to create the things you're looking for.

As a special thank for Cage to reply here, I admire you're philosophy in all this, and it's all respected.

Thank you all, and this thread will always be open for your feedback! 
Back to top Go down
Icingsugar
Slifer Red

Icingsugar

Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:43 pm

An Overlook At PDA

I like the site and the members my main problem is the adverts that my virus checker insists contain malware

When I first started to play the Yugioh online game you never started at the top but worked up by dueling. each level you reached was an achivement.

once I reaced the magic lvl 20 I just fell short in YO2 and reahed it early in YO3 a lot of the magic left the game. I wonder if an Xp point system could work to reintoduce the magic only when you reach lvl 10 do you challenge for a Ra dorm if you fail its back too 9 and work up again . same at lvl 20 to join the big O's. Work up to lvl 30 to become the produelist but fail here and iits the shadow league for you dueling in the underground.

Dueling Points

Not been here for so long I cant comment what I have seen seems ok

Teams And Wars

I loved teams in YO2/3 although I think they can create conflict ! A good way to build your Xp (see above)

Last Thing

My main problem is not the site but Ygopro in general its a haven for malware.

Downloads of the game Malware infected.

Sendspace and its clones so full of malware trojens and viruses

Skype malware trap.

I guess you all think I'm paranoid about Malware

maybe you might now guess why I've been away so long

I get a warning on each visit here the adverts are infected with malware and as such I struggle to login

This is not limited to this DA but to all I know.

So I wish you all the best and I will nip in when I can Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/1c1ngsugar?feature=results_main
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statics Report [All Should Post]   Statics Report [All Should Post] Empty

Back to top Go down

Statics Report [All Should Post]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1