None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaizer

Kaizer

Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 Empty
PostSubject: Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1   Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:25 am

Wind-up Guide

"Wind-Up", known as "Mainspring" (ゼンマイ Zenmai) in the OCG, is an archetype of wind-up toy-like monsters that premiered in Generation Force and received further support in Photon Shockwave and Order of Chaos. There are monsters of all Attributes, though EARTH is most prominent, and 4 Xyz Monsters.

The effects of known "Wind-Up" monsters ranging from Special Summon and swarm tactics to Level and ATK manipulation to obtain benefits. Each non-Xyz "Wind-Up" monster can only use its effect once per duel while face-up on the field ("Wind-Up Shark" is the only exception so far). Many cards that support them revolve around flipping down or otherwise recycling.

Credits: Yu-gi-oh! Wikia

Skeleton Build

Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 E9LvsB6

How to run the deck

Now, before, it was the Carrier loop during its first release when the main goal was to discard, recycle and abuse the XYZ summons; however, it got hit by the ban list and the old loop died and was now used with Magician more; however, it was once again hit by the loop and eventually Magician was hit. Now, a lot may ask, how will this deck work now it got hit by the ban-list.

Key Cards

The key cards of the deck are now limited to the following:

- Rabbit
- Magician
- Factory
- Shark
- Seahorse

The following cards have not been hit by the ban list in relevance to the loop which was killed. Now, outside of the deck are the following key cards a lot uses these days:

- Tenki
- Invoker
- Silverstorm
- Gravity Bind/Messenger of Peace + Mystical Space Typhoon

These cards are used to abuse the warrior type Wind-up monsters in the deck in order to exceed summon powerful monsters; however, in the skeleton build provided, it is evident that it has a bit of the Syncro power, well, the Syncro monsters are mainly used to kill a field or return cards to the hand which Carrier had the ability to do before.

How the new combos are done

First off, let's enumerate the combos:

1. The Rabbit Combo

The Wind-up Rabbit composes of the spell card: Fire Formation - Tenki. So, the card is activated first to add Tenki. Usually, the main goal would be is to summon Rabbit when Magician is on the field along with Factory in order to activate Magician's effect to usually special summon Seahorse or Shark, depending on the situation and for factory to get either of the 2, depending on the situation once more.

2. The Invoker Combo

This starts off with the level 3 as materials, those materials being the following, usually: Shark, Rabbit and Seahorse. Once Saber Invoker's formed on the field, you may be able to summon Wind-up Warrior in order to activate its effect and start another loop.

3. The Silverstorm Combo

Same aim as Invoker, only difference is to paralyze your opponent's face-down and then be able to spam the field along with card protection like Starlight Road on Main Phase 2.

4. The Messenger of Peace and Gravity Bind Combo

A lot of Wind-up players use this combo in order to null/prevent your opponent from attacking. Depending on each format, but with the current format, it's seen that Exceed monsters reign supreme over the Syncro monsters, so this combo is barely used with Wind-up players.

Questions and Answers Part

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding this deck and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for reading my lesson, this is , over Kaizer and out Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
Mugen Daas

Mugen Daas

PostSubject: Re: Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1   Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Kai, please never post anything to do with Wind-ups ever again. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Xusha
Teacher

Xusha

Teacher

Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 DOjC7S7Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 3mZwluP

PostSubject: Re: Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1   Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:42 pm

It's a shame that they kept hitting this one. I really don't agree with what was limited, banned, and other things of that sort. They didn't outright kill the entire deck, as they did with plant synchro, but they really limited the potential of the deck as a whole. This was once a deck that was able to dominate with excessive control options... I don't think I can see it as much more than a fun deck anymore, though. I do think the Shock Master with Shark is a viable strategy that wasn't mentioned here, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundhorizon.com/revive/revive.html
Mugen Daas

Mugen Daas

PostSubject: Re: Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1   Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Xusha wrote:
It's a shame that they kept hitting this one. I really don't agree with what was limited, banned, and other things of that sort. They didn't outright kill the entire deck, as they did with plant synchro, but they really limited the potential of the deck as a whole. This was once a deck that was able to dominate with excessive control options... I don't think I can see it as much more than a fun deck anymore, though. I do think the Shock Master with Shark is a viable strategy that wasn't mentioned here, though.

Wind-ups in a Meta without E-Dragons and Spellbook Judgment Day are entirely viable hence why the deck topped until YCS Meadowlands, the decklist and combo's Kai posted are...let's just say sub-par. The deck has not lost any control options, and in reality probably has gained a few more, it has only lost it's explosive Turn 1 win condition. Which I think is in the best interests of the game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1   Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaizer's Deck Discussion #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1