Battle Arena Rules
Shadow Arena Rules
Unlimited Arena Rules
Hunting Arena
BA Ranking
BA Ranking List
Latest topics
» test request
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Rainbow Sorcer Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm

» PDA is back
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby DarkLove Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 am

» Lords Of Darkness ~¤The Era Of Destruction begins¤~
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Unees Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

» Royal Knights archtype by gunsmaker [intro][WIP]
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm

» test request ismenne 29/6/13 -- Results Up
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Jakester390 Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:47 pm

» Just got here but still real life goes first
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Rai-Jinn Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

» Infernities Reborn: Lightsworn Vengeance
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Unees Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am

» MY FIRST YU-GI-OH DECK: “FEATHER GRID”
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 am

» Big Mess, Big decision
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby gunsmaker Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 am

» Daily Yugioh Related Quiz.
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby DoomTemplarKnight Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 pm

» Slifer Attendance.
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:36 pm

» Hello There
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Icingsugar Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm

» PDA Main Shop [V2]
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am

» No more time
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby Metagamereaper Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 am

» i bad mouthed (69) a member in this academy, please ban meh :'(
Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Emptyby gunsmaker Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Statistics
We have 883 registered users
The newest registered user is crash3011

Our users have posted a total of 8495 messages in 659 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xusha
Teacher

Xusha

Teacher

Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) DOjC7S7Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) 3mZwluP

Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Empty
PostSubject: Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)   Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:31 am

So we all know what fun decks are, but are they viable? For clarification's sake, I'll describe fun deck as: "A deck designed more for the purpose of enjoying a duel, rather than a deck considered meta, or that seem to be always winning at high competitive levels." Now this topic is essentially concerning all of the decks outside of the meta that have amazing potential. Because we all know how linear and repulsive the meta can get. But diversity, as well as balance could be achieved if people were more willing to try something new. However difficult it will be for an archetype like Cloudian to recover from a Divine Judgement of the Spellbooks play; that doesn't mean you can't win with proper siding and an interesting tactic that takes an opponent off guard. So let's start with a deck that's been requested to get things going. I will attempt to add 2 a day.

Fabled

Now this is actually an amazing deck, and had their honor dominating the OCG for a few months. This deck consists of LIGHT fiends. This is something that's pretty rare, and it feels kind of like the polar opposite of Dark Worlds in a multitude of ways. Now even Dark World players will admit that Fabled Raven is one of the most viable, reusable, and interesting discard outlets in the entire game. Unfortunately for the TCG, this archetype was delayed long enough for most people to pass on it. There are reasons why these cards are a light attribute, as they are based off of the Christian concept and overall design of Fallen Angels, thus being dubbed "The Roaring Demonic Gods" in the OCG. They play a heavy role in the Duel Terminal storyline, and as a whole this archetype is still heavily viable. The edges this deck has over Dark Worlds includes that you can use Beckoning Light, a very powerful discarding outlet that provides equal hand advantage from the grave as well. Interestingly enough, you CAN use Gates of the Darkworld, although Darkworld Dealings is generally the choice tech from their darker counterpart. A lot of people actually make chaos builds with this deck, or dedicate it to summoning Shooting Quasar Dragon. Interestingly, there's also options with XYZ's, even though generally the better option is almost always going to be synchro summons. This deck also has Unicore, as well as Kudabbi. These are intensely powerful level 4 synchros dedicated to this deck alone, that can essentially negate almost anything, or create an impenetrable wall. Coming out at a bad time, this deck is kind of weak against a lot of other decks, such as those that hate on special summons, but the obvious is always going to be Macro decks. Must plays to increase consistency include Card Destruction, Fabled Raven, and at least one Dark World Dealings.

Gusto

My personal signature deck, despite the some of the most confusing rulings and seemingly situational plays that people seem to discredit. Take Pojo's infamous card of the day, for example. These guys actually said that a 2000 attack monster in Daigusto Sphreez that isn't destroyed by battle and in which your opponent takes ALL battle damage from the entire deck is too weak a card and should have 2500 attack. Now this deck seems to be heavily misunderstood by most, and that compiled with the awkward rulings makes it seem like the weakest deck to come out of the duel terminal era. You would think that, but you would be wrong. Much like their fire counterpart, the Lavals, this deck can greatly benefit from grave presence. Unlike Lavals, this deck maintains decent field presence from turn one. This deck has stopped many an OTK from those in the know, and can actually even pull of their own OTKs with their recruiters topped off with Daigusto Sphreez. Besides a potential 5000+ damage in a turn, this deck also makes for a viable anti-meta deck, as skill drain does not hinder them in the least, except cards like Musto, and Kamui. Caam's effect is a cost, as is Daigusto Gulldos. This creates for the most awkward discussions regarding Necrovalley anti-meta choices. THEY WORK UNDER NECROVALLEY. Costs can never be negated, unless they involve banishing, and a card says "Yeah, you can't do that." With a bunch of sloppy rulings, and the pre-determined prejudice from people dueling the awful net-decked psychic variants of this deck, I don't think it will see a reasonable increase in play anytime soon, but that won't stop me from playing, and winning with it. It suffers from a few weaknesses, and it is pretty much shut down when you're dueling Gladiator Beasts. Must plays to increase consistency include Creature Swap, Kaiser Colosseum, and at least one Musto, unless playing a skill-drain build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundhorizon.com/revive/revive.html
Unees
Ra Yellow

Unees

Ra Yellow

PostSubject: Re: Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)   Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 am

NiCe Xusha!!! I know you have a lot to say, and our First Duel its Fabled vs Gusto *.* that was fun with many combos and the first time i see the power of gustos lool
Back to top Go down
Intercityduelist

Intercityduelist

PostSubject: Re: Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)   Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:15 am

Finally some feedback about decks that arent considered as meta!!!

Great job!!!
Back to top Go down
RsS.YuGi

RsS.YuGi

PostSubject: Re: Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)   Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I personally love fabled , but as you said they are just a fun deck .. hard to make it compete against those decks out there ,
gusto is a deck I always enjoy seeing it in action tho , I never have used it known it's techs , combos , etc.

well done topic Xusha , keep up the good work. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://neweraduelacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)   Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing) Empty

Back to top Go down

Potency With Fun Decks? (Ongoing)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1