None

Most users ever online was 156 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 am

Reconsider Banned Decks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unnefer

Unnefer

Reconsider Banned Decks Empty
PostSubject: Reconsider Banned Decks   Reconsider Banned Decks EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I know I'm new here, but I'd like to state this argument logically, and I hope you'll hear me out.

Reading through the forums, I notice Exodia decks are banned from practically everything. I can't try out with it, I can't do matches with it, nothing. Usually with Exodia, these forums list it under a FTK Deck. Now, unless there's some super cool way to get him out that I'm not aware of, getting Exodia in the first turn is highly improbable. In fact, you have a 1/658,008 chance to draw Exodia's 5 pieces the very first turn.

Playing with Exodia is not easy by any means. Especially with XYZ Monsters making it to the forefront of dueling nowadays. But Exodia duelists obviously don't use XYZ monsters. That puts us at a disadvantage right away. Not to mention we don't waste our time with Synchros or anything like that.

How many people here have a Card Destruction in their deck? Or an Exchange? Or any card that makes your opponent discard from their hand, or heck, even their deck? I'll bet most of us, me included. Simply put, there's a way to take Exodia, and his duelist, out of the game. And it's a lot easier than killing 5 XYZ monsters with materials attached.

Exodia is just another kind of play style. Some of you use Lightsworn, some use Elemental Heroes, some might even want to use the Ojama Trio. But that's the beauty of having so many cards in this game: We can play how we want. So what if I have 3 Destiny-Hero Defender's out? It's my opponents job to kill them.

Another thing is, Exodia Decks are constantly being hindered by new banned lists. Sangan, Witch of the Black Forrest, Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, etc etc have all been banned, forcing us to constantly change our decks.

And it's not like our cards aren't out there in other people's decks. Here's my decklist:

5 Pieces of Exodia
2 Marshmallons
3 Emissary of the Afterlife
3 Destiny Hero - Defender
3 Dark Mimic Lvl 1
3 Dark Mimic Lvl 3

1 Level Limit Area B
1 Upstart Goblin
3 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Nightmare Steel Cage
3 Monster Reincarnations
1 Dark Factory of Mass Production
1 Wave-Motion Cannon

1 Gravity Bind
3 Jar of Greed
1 Wall of Revealing Light
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Appropriate
3 Gifts of Greed

Okay, so maybe this deck isn't the FTK Deck you imagined, but it's still banned, just because I have my pieces in there. These cards aren't uncommon at all. I can hazard to bet all of these cards are in other decks. But the fact that I put them together makes it banned.

Last point: The Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championships allows Exodia Decks, why can't this Academy?

So I urge you, leaders of the Academy, and you, the students, to please read this with an open mind. I don't run Exodia to be cheap, or for a quick win. I run Exodia because it's the Duelist I am.

Back to top Go down
RsS.YuGi

RsS.YuGi

PostSubject: Re: Reconsider Banned Decks   Reconsider Banned Decks EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:32 am

okay , let's see

Quote :
getting Exodia in the first turn is highly improbable. In fact, you have a 1/658,008 chance to draw Exodia's 5 pieces the very first turn.

No , you are mistaken ... there are a lot of FTK/OTK Exodia decks to draw Exodia in the first turn .

Exodia is banned from testing , becuase it really shows no skills .. how the tester supposed to evaluate you if you used Exodia ? ... will he see any skills of playing ?

your Exodia deck is kinda stalling Exodia and not the type that meant to draw Exodia in one turn
If in case that kinda decks of Exodia will be allowed , it'll be considered as stalling decks , witch are banned from testing as well .

BA Rules doesn't allow FTK decks and stalling decks
now your Exodia deck isn't an FTK deck .. ok I agree with that
but it counts as stalling deck now .. and stall decks are banned from BA

Back to top Go down
https://neweraduelacademy.forumotion.com
Unnefer

Unnefer

PostSubject: Re: Reconsider Banned Decks   Reconsider Banned Decks EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 am

Yes he/she will see skills of playing. It's not the easiest thing in the world to stop your opponent from destroying you, especially since XYZ monsters aren't affected by things like Gravity Bind or Level Limit - Area B.

I looked up the grading system for testing, and every aspect can be applied to an Exodia Duelist.

Deck Count - 40, obviously. The right number for an Exodia deck, everyone knows that.
Performance - Was the testee able to summon Exodia before his tester could defeat him?
New Ideas / Creativity / Originality - Did they follow the standard FTK/OTK Exodia deck build, or did they come up with something on their own?
Advancement/Sophistication - Are they able to implement new changes to dueling, such as XYZ and Synchro, or are they still trying to tribute summon the Millenium Shield?

And the performance part, Exodia duelist still have misplays (trust me on that one), we can have amazing comebacks, and a side-deck is crucial in a match.

And then attitude is obviously on a case by case basis.

I realize they're banned from Testing and BA, but that's what this thread is about. I'm looking for an appeal.

Really, look at the stalling techniques used. Marshmallon, DH - Defender, and some S/T cards. It's a heck of a lot easier destroyed those than something like Omnipotent Witch Yra. That isn't to mention the number of cards that can attack an opponent directly.

My original argument was just for Exodia, but I really don't see the issue with stalling decks. FTK/OTK Decks I can understand. But there's so many ways to get around a stalling deck, especially one like Exodia/Destiny Board. The main reason I win is because my opponent is so set in there strategy, they can't cope when a variable is thrown their way. And that's all a Stalling Deck is, a variable.

I could go get tested right now, but I'd have to end up looking up some other deck build for me to use. How can any student be evaluated if they're forced to play with a totally different dueling style?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reconsider Banned Decks   Reconsider Banned Decks Empty

Back to top Go down

Reconsider Banned Decks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1